The complete title of this book is: The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers; Reclaiming Our Passion, Purpose, and Sanity
Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library.
(Btw, all of the sudden, 3 of my on-hold books have come available... at the same time! I changed my borrowing time to three weeks, but still! I'm going to really have to keep my nose in my Kindle to get through them. I actually returned one book because I knew I wouldn't have time, and I wasn't sure enough about it to try to squeeze it in. I can always put it on hold again, you know?)
Anyway, back to this book. I thought it was going to be along the lines of being organized, reminders to play with your kids, etc. Not at all.
Honestly, even though this book is directed at mothers, it would be good for any woman. I'm not sure about men, because I don't think men generally think like women do. I'm sure there are plenty of women who don't think like I do (and like this author does... and like she seems to think most women think.) She's not a psychologist, but this book seems more like a psychology book than a parenting book. It seems the author (who is a practicing pediatrician) has spent time focusing on the mothers of her patients nearly as much as the patients themselves. Either that, or it's just how she sees things and she assumes most other women do, too.
While I can't say I related to (or agreed with) 100% to her thoughts, I did relate to probably 95% of it. It was nice to feel validated and understood! The thoughts she shares in this book are very good... a gentle nudging in the direction of more peace, more sanity, more faith. She doesn't shy away from talking about God and how important it is to have a relationship with Him.
I liked this book a lot. I actually put it on my wish list on Amazon because I'd like to have all the parts I underlined (which does carry over if I borrow the book again or purchase it.) It's a book I would recommend to my like-minded friends.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So how does this author think?
ReplyDeleteMore like me than you. Haha. See if your library has it... it's a good book! (At least for my brain.)
ReplyDelete