Three books:
Missing
The Search
Found
The titles remind me of the Missing Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix, but the stories aren't anything alike. :)
Why I have these books: One of them was on sale for Kindle for 99 cents, and since a friend has recommended the author, I decided to give them a try.
To be honest, I thought the series started out way stronger than it ended. I liked the cryptic quotes at the beginning of each chapter. I thought there was a lot of promise to make this Amish series better than most.
I think I'll point out that this is an Amish mystery series... a murder story.
Here's what I didn't like:
- The romances weren't very believable. Well, one of them was okay. The others... not really.
- There were inconsistencies in the storyline. Nothing major... just little things that the editors should have caught.
- Emotions seemed to come and go pretty easily, considering the seriousness of the situation.
- The "truth" of what happened in the case of the murder didn't make sense. The way the "victim" died, according to the person who did it, would have actually made another person guilty of at least some kind of charge. It just didn't wrap up really well.
- The ending pretty much fell flat for me all the way around.
Other than that (lol), the books were fine. Entertaining enough. If they were "real" books, I'd donate them to the library.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're so matter of fact!
ReplyDeleteI aim to tell the truth, ma'am. :)
ReplyDelete