Saturday, May 19, 2012

To Love and To Promise (Rachel Nunes)

Why I have this book: Because I sure liked the escape of no-brainer books I've enjoyed this past week. It was a good price, so I downloaded it to my Kindle.

Okay, I am pretty sure I must have read this book sometime in the past. I didn't remember anything until a certain point in the book when a vision of a scene at a zoo or somewhere popped into my mind. Anyway, it actually was part of this book, not exactly the way I remembered... but close enough. I've either read this book before, or I've read another book with almost the same exact thing happening.

In any case, if I did read this in the past, I'm not surprised I forgot it. This book is forgettable. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd think it was an Anita Stansfield book. It was really predictable, sometimes awkwardly awkward. (haha) It had corny dialogue, an uninspiring "falling in love" process.

It was fine to pass away a few hours, but nothing to write home about. :)

And... have you ever seen someone hit their fist into their other hand over and over in moments of anguish? Because I have not... and yet, in at least three of the books I read by Rachel Nunes, characters did this when they were upset. I don't know... it kind of started to irritate me. But I'm like that.

Clean.

2 comments:

  1. When Alicia saw the author of this book her comment was, "Why would Tracie read something by her? It doesn't seem like something she should like."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That's funny, Mindy! Did you tell her that my book standards have gone way downhill lately?

    ReplyDelete