Sunday, May 20, 2012

Daisy: The Newport Ladies Book Club (Josi S. Kilpack)

Why I have this book: I enjoyed the first book in the series so much that I bought this one when it came out. (The first book was Olivia. I reviewed it earlier.)

Btw, I'm not sure if it's technically The Newport Ladies Book Club: Daisy, or the way I wrote it in the title.

In any case, I enjoyed this book a great deal. As I said in my review of Olivia, this series consists of four books, each written from the perspective of a different character during the same time period, while being involved in a book club together. Each book is written by a different LDS author. The setting is in California, and so far, only one character is LDS. It's really a fun concept these authors came up with, and so far, I've really liked the series.

The third book will be out in September. I have read one book by that author (Annette Lyon) and I read the excerpt of her contribution to this series (Paige)... I'm excited to read the book when it's available.

If these books were "real", they'd have a spot on my bookshelf.

Clean.


1 comment:

  1. I just gifted Olivia to a friend of mine for her birthday. Sounds like it will be a gift that keeps on giving... Except she has to give the rest of the sequel to herself. :)

    ReplyDelete