The full title is: Brain Over Binge: Why I Was Bulimic, Why Conventional Therapy Didn't Work, and How I Recovered for Good.
Why I have this book: I saw a mention of it in the comment section on some article on a celebrity gossip site (seriously) and it intrigued me.
First, I'm not bulimic... and now I know that I also am not a binge eater. If the description of binge eating is as described in this book, I would have to call myself more of an "overindulger". Not saying that's a good thing, either...
So even though I'm not bulimic or a binge eater, I always like books that might help me boost my self-discipline. I liked the message of this book, but it took way too long to go over the point. I think as a study of psychology, this book is great. It covers the topic from every angle. But here's the basic message:
Stop acting on the urges to binge.
Yep, that's it. If you want to explore that idea further, read the book.
This book is clean from what I remember. I don't remember any swearing, but I read it a bit ago... maybe there was a word or two, but maybe not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment