Thursday, March 1, 2012

Two books by Anita Stansfield

Return to Love
To Love Again


Why I have these books and a disclaimer: I am not a fan of Anita Stansfield, but I had remembered reading these two books before, and was curious why I had "kind of" liked them.

So, yeah... I actually paid money to get the Kindle versions.

First of all, the first book has horrible editing. The main character's name goes back and forth between his "real" name (Colin) and the name the author must have started using (Corm). (And by the way, is "Corm" a name???) Anyway, that went on for the entire book. Maybe this is just a problem in the Kindle version?

The second book (which is a sequel) was better than the first. Neither is excellent... dialogue is silly at times... but I thought the author developed the emotions of the characters a bit better.

I thought I would throw up if I heard the evil ex-husband say, "my love" one more time. As in: "Don't worry, my love. I'll be back." (Not an exact quote.) So dumb.

In the interest of full disclosure, one summer a friend and I read most of the Anita Stansfield books that were out there. (We borrowed... did not buy!) We did this mostly to make fun of the over the top storylines. I know, not nice.

I'm sorry to Anita Stansfield fans. I don't mean to offend. I've heard her historical books are pretty good. Maybe I'll try one someday. And to be honest, even these two books had some kind of a certain appeal to them. I don't know. I just can't get a foot in the "love" camp.

I should stop talking about it now.

These books are on my Kindle. If they were real books, I'd give them away. They aren't damaging... just not great literature.

Pretty clean. I think there may have been a swear word or two, and they deal with premarital and extramarital sex and the consequences of those actions for people of faith.

2 comments:

  1. I think I already made fun of you enough...so maybe I keep my thoughts to myself. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I am really putting myself out there by admitting that I read them...

    ReplyDelete