Why I have this book: A light LDS novel sometimes looks like just the ticket. I bought it in Kindle version.
I have never read Persuasion by Jane Austen... even though it's been on my bookshelf for years and years. So I read this "LDS modern version" blind. I have no idea what the original story is like.
Eh. This was okay. I never became invested in the story or the characters. On the other hand, I can't name anything specific that I hated about it. Maybe if I was in high school, I'd like it.
Then again, maybe if I knew the original story, this would seem like a cute remake. I actually plan to watch the movie now and also to read the Jane Austen version. It will be one of my next couple of books. I have a book club book to read first, then Jane Austen.
If it was a "real" version, I'd donate it to the library.
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment