Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Two books by Ally Condie

Matched
Crossed


Why I have these books: I bought the first one for an online book club I was in. The gals in my family read it (teenage thru young adult - daughters and daughters-in-law) and they loved it, so I pre-ordered the second one.

And now I need to pre-order the third. That's the problem with series books... you have to wait a long time to see what happens next if you start reading it too soon.

I liked these books a lot... I liked the first better than the second because there was more happening between the characters. The second seems like a bridge to the third, if you know what I mean.

The books reminded me a bit of The Hunger Games (but not so violent) and The Uglies series (but with a little more romance.) In a small way, I was also reminded of The Giver.

Definite keepers.

Some violence, but not descriptive. No swearing, no sex.

1 comment: