Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist (Michael J. Fox)

Why I have this book: I downloaded it to my Kindle because it piqued my interest a few months ago. With my newly discovered health challenges, I thought it would be good to read about someone who is handling his own (much bigger) challenges optimistically.

I enjoyed this book a lot. Michael J. Fox is a very good writer... the words flow easily and he writes with humor and honesty. The book wasn't exactly what I expected... I think his first book (Lucky Man) is one I'd like to read and is probably more about his journey through his diagnoses of Parkinson's Disease and how he came to grips with that, but it's not available on Kindle at this time. I'll keep checking.

Yes, a good read. I don't know if I would read it a second time (if it was a real book and not on my Kindle), so I would donate it to a library.

MJF uses a good amount of profanity, including the "F" word several times. It always surprises me how profanity is just kicked around like it's common language... which I guess it is for some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment