Thursday, January 8, 2026

The Kill Clause (Lisa Unger)

Why I have this book: I think it was a free option on Prime First Reads? Yeah, it was. 

This is a short story, thank goodness. I did not like it. I didn't like the subject matter (assassins), I didn't like how dark the story was, I didn't like the way it made me feel. It was just... yuck. It was heavy and sad and gross. Not my kind of story at all.

I gave it one star on Goodreads. If it had been a full-length novel, I wouldn't have finished it. Since it was short, I pushed through to see if it would redeem itself. It didn't.

Maybe some would say I'm just too wimpy for stories like this, but I'm okay with that. I think the world has enough darkness without inviting more into my mind.

Murder, assassins, profanity, some mildly descriptive sex. Not a light-hearted read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment