Wednesday, January 28, 2026

The Correspondent (Virginia Evans)

Why I have this book: It's the talk of the internet, but I also had a friend ask if I wanted to read it at the same time she was. I ended up buying both the Audible and Kindle versions.

I'm glad I did buy both versions. I referenced the Kindle version quite a few times, plus was able to read it at night instead of listening. It still took me a bit to get through it because our household has been busy and we've had some irregular things doing on that disrupt my brain focus. Oops.

I really enjoyed the story very much. I gave it four stars on Goodreads.

Having said that, there were a few things I would have changed to make it a little easier to understand some details.

It's probably the first book in a long time that hit all the feels for me. I found myself really close to tears a couple of times.

Mostly clean. If there was any profanity, it was rare. I don't really remember (and I just finished it last night), so it must not have stood out. I don't recall anything sexual, either. It does deal with death and aging.

No comments:

Post a Comment