Thursday, October 30, 2025

The Last Letter (Rebecca Yarros)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library, then bought the audio version because I've been in a listening mode.

What a waste of an Audible credit. I actually didn't finish this book nor give it a rating on Goodreads.

I really don't like books where a couple can't even communicate or be honest with each other. There were some eye-rolling conversations. And what made me quit (around Chapter 12) was the absolutely asinine things he was saying to her when they were starting to make out. Maybe some women find that kind of talk appealing, but I'd probably laugh (at him) and then slap him. Yuck.

Then I read the synopsis/conclusion of the book, and I was fine being done. It seems like an exercise in frustration and sadness.

There was probably profanity. I don't remember. Gross sexual talk. Deals with death.

No comments:

Post a Comment