Wednesday, November 27, 2024

Two more books by Katherine Center

The Bodyguard

Happiness for Beginners

Why I have these books: My friend said she read all of this author's books, so I borrowed what I could on Kindle Unlimited (which I really should cancel again), and I'm making my way through them.

I gave both of these books 4 stars on Goodreads. I'm pretty impressed by the author's ability to write so many rom-com type books that aren't all fluffy and all have a different vibe to them.

I don't feel like there's a lot of editing issues, although in Happiness for Beginners, she used "lay, laid, lying" quite a bit... enough for me to take note because I think she didn't always use them correctly. (I've sent examples to my friend who is an expert on the subject to hear her thoughts. Haha.) That's my problem, though. Most people don't notice or think about it, and I only do because my expert friend taught me how to use them, and now (just like she predicted) it's always on my radar.

I also highlighted a bunch of quotes in Happiness for Beginners, but because I did it on my phone instead of my Kindle, apparently it didn't create a document to save them. There were several quotes about looking for the good and training your brain to see those things instead of the hard things. I guess I'll only see them again if I borrow or buy the book. Oh, well! That's the gist of it... train your brain to see the good in your life and in the world!

Anyway, these are cute stories. I'll be glad when I finish them, though, because I do want to read things besides rom-coms.

Both books have a "mostly clean" feel to them. There are some lusty moments, but nothing descriptive. There's swearing, including the F-word, but none of it is over-the-top in frequency.



No comments:

Post a Comment