Saturday, November 16, 2024

Things You Save in a Fire (Katherine Center)

Why I have this book: My friend told me she's read all of this author's books (after I told her I was reading The Lost Husband, also by the author), and this was one of her favorites. I borrowed it from Kindle Unlimited. I really need to cancel that service for good because I already have so many books to read and I keep borrowing more.

I gave this one four stars on Goodreads. Like the other one I read, it started out deep, then had a weird lighter tone toward the middle-end, then went back to the deeper lesson learned. I'm actually reading another book by the author right now, so I'll see if this seems to be a pattern for all her books.

There's some swearing and unmarried sex (not descriptive), and part of the storyline deals with sexual assault, which might be triggering for some readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment