Monday, November 11, 2024

The Lost Husband (Katherine Center)

Why I have this book: I got it for $1.99 (thank you, Book Bub, for saving me money and also causing me to buy more books.)

I gave this book three stars, but again, I'd have gone with 3.5 if that were an option. It's so weird because it started out feeling pretty "deep," then got a little silly and rom-com'ish, then tied it up with a nicely profound "lesson learned."

I did enjoy the book for the most part, but there's one scene where the "boyfriend" is defending the protagonist's daughter that was a big turn-off. Totally unrealistic and probably would have landed him in jail in real life. 

There's some sex, but not described in detail. There was probably some swearing, but I don't remember. My content reviews aren't as helpful as they used to be, I'm afraid, since I can't remember everything. Or maybe my standards have slipped or I just don't care enough anymore. Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment