Saturday, March 9, 2024

Five Survive (Holly Jackson)

Why I have this book: I read the author's series The Good Girl's Guide to Murder and liked it well enough to read another of her books.

Oh, my goodness. I was completely engrossed in this book. I was kind of dumb and started it just before bed, and it got pretty spooky and creepy. Not too smart to read a scary book when it's dark and quiet in the house. Yikes.

I gave it four stars on Goodreads. Like her other books, I'm not sure how plausible the storyline is, but it kept me totally sucked in and invested in the outcome. Some people might hate the ending, but I think leaving some questions at the end probably made the book even better.

Lots of swearing, including the F-word. It's a murder mystery, so there's murder and death involved. It's got a creepy vibe, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment