Why I have this book: My daughter-in-law recommended it, so I bought the audio version.
I wish I would have borrowed it instead. I actually probably wouldn't have listened past the first few chapters if I had borrowed instead of purchased.
I mean, I guess the warning from my DiL about the F-words and the title should have been a clue, but I've watched Ted Lasso, so I thought I was prepared for the F-word. The usage did slow down after the first part, but sheesh. A little extreme and so unnecessary.
The book itself had some good advice and philosophies, but it also seemed to go on too long. I sped up the book twice just to get through it faster. I found my mind wandering more than once. I was glad when it ended.
The author seems full of himself at times, and then he says something to make you think he does have some humility and humanity.
Overall, it was a two-star book for me.
Lots and lots and lots of swearing. Mentions of casual sex (not descriptive). Death is discussed.
No comments:
Post a Comment