Why I have this book: My friend recommended it even after I told her I didn't like the other one I read by this author not that long ago. She discovered this was published after the other one, so maybe her style has become more refined? I decided to try it because everyone seems to love these books.
Sadly, I gave this one two stars on Goodreads just like the other one.
Here's the deal: Too much swearing. Even though I feel like I've loosened up with my tolerance of the F-word, I don't need to hear it all the time. I don't love that for some people, it's just another word in casual conversation. I don't relate to that. I also think it would be super annoying to have someone saying it during... ahem... sex. Again, just as an exclamation of emotion. It's just crass. Blech.
And... I don't want to read detailed sexual encounters, especially these frenzied ones this author seems to enjoy describing.
The story itself was cute, although I never believe in love that happens so quickly. Lust, infatuation... sure. But real love? No.
I also noted that pressing one's leg against the other person's leg (like under a table) was a theme in both books. It feels like she has her "things" that just are going to be part of the story?
Interesting that both books I read by this author involved the book writing/publishing process. I'm curious if all her books are like that, but not curious enough to read any more of them.
After this one, I deleted two other "rom-com" books I had on loan from the library. I need a break from rom-com books.
Lots of swearing, lots of uses of the F-word, several descriptive sex scenes.
No comments:
Post a Comment