Why I have this book: I like the author, so I bought the Kindle version last year. I actually ended up borrowing the audio version from the library, so I listened and just cross-referenced with the book when needed.
I gave this one four stars on Goodreads. It totally kept me intrigued... in fact, I stayed up until 2:00 am and then forced myself to turn it off and go to sleep since I still had a couple hours left of listening time. I finished it today. I'm off to put more of her books on hold.
To be honest, the narrator wasn't my favorite, but it was fine. Also was a little confused when a child asked for a cookie, then they were called "biscuit" in the same scene. It's set in Australia, and I know a "biscuit" is what we call a cookie, but I was confused why it was used both ways in the same scene. Editing problem or do they use both words there in Australia? (I googled, and apparently they do use both words, although a cookie is usually softer and thicker than a biscuit, which sounds more like a shortbread-type cookie they'd serve with tea. Maybe?)
This is a book for grown-ups. You know people are having sex... it's talked about, but not described. There are grown-up themes (such as adultery) as well as swearing, including the F-word a couple of times.
No comments:
Post a Comment