The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
The Book Woman's Daughter
Why I have these books: I actually read the first one back in 2020, then reread it so I could follow up with the newer release about her daughter. This time I borrowed both as audio versions and also was lucky enough to borrow the ebooks, as well, so I could cross-reference if I missed something while listening.
Originally, I gave the first book five stars on Goodreads. I'm going to leave that, but if I had been reading it for the first time right now, I'd probably go with four stars. Maybe that's just audio version vs reading it myself? Maybe I am able to get lost in the story easier when I'm reading it instead of listening to someone else's voice inflections. This is a thought that throws into question all my star ratings since I listen to so many books now. Hmmm...
I gave the second book four stars on Goodreads. I liked it a lot, but it felt more like a story than a historical/humanity experience like the first one. Either way, they both were *thumbs up* from me.
There is some swearing, but I don't recall any of the "extra bad" swear words in either book. There are mild descriptions of the harshness of life for the time and place, abuse, sexual assault, murder, etc. Nothing is graphic.
No comments:
Post a Comment