Why I have this book: I bought it on Kindle a long time ago (2015). I don't know why. I can see I only paid $1.99 for it, so it was probably on a sale list or something.
I liked this book a lot. In fact, I gave it four stars on Goodreads. I'd say it's for young teenagers and up. Maybe upper elementary kids would like it, but there are definitely a few themes that aren't for youngsters.
The writing was smooth, and the story kept my interest all the way through. I'm glad I decided to read one of the "old" books on my Kindle. Sometimes I get too caught up in my newer purchases or "borrows" and forget I have all these other books waiting around for me to read them. :)
There are some harder themes in this book: death, sickness, out-of-wedlock pregnancy, divorce, poverty... but there's not a depressing feel to it. I'd say it actually is inspiring to see true connection and kindness in spite of those difficulties. I don't recall any swearing, but if there was any, it was mild. If you're offended by a gay relationship, then you might be bugged by the one in this book. I'm not offended, and I wasn't bugged.
No comments:
Post a Comment