I helped my daughter clean her room this morning, and she decided to get rid of some books. She has a bunch of Magic Puppy books, and she also has the Mercy Watson series. I actually would be tempted to save the Mercy Watson books with the idea that my daughter's kids might want them someday since I know my daughter loved them. But... I'm trying to be a big girl and just remember that they are better off being read now by other kids than to sit around and wait for my daughter (who is 13-years-old) to have kids old enough to read chapter books.
We're going to see if one of her nieces would like them, and if not, we'll donate them to the school library or something.
It does feel good to get books out the door. Books should be enjoyed, not just sit on a shelf their whole lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment