The Penderwicks on Gardam Street
The Penderwicks at Point Mouette
Why I have these books: I borrowed them from the ebook library after reading the first in the series.
I gave both books four stars on Goodreads. I really, really like them. I wish I had a child who would read them, too! They are so cute and uplifting and fun (even though there are some hard situations that occur), and delightful.
The writing flows so well and drew me in easily. I looked forward to picking up my Kindle and reading whenever I had a free moment, and that's been rare lately. Overall... well done, Jeanne Birdsall! Really, she's a very good writer, and I love the "classic" feel of these modern books.
I highly recommend for the intending reading age (I think 8-12?), but I'm also recommending to my adult friend who I know appreciates this type of writing.
Clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment