Saturday, April 23, 2022

French Braid (Anne Tyler)

Why I have this book: I saw the "buzz" about it here and there, so I borrowed it from the ebook library.

I gave it two stars on Goodreads. It was fine. It didn't seem to have much of a point to it.

And this is what I pretty much said about another book by Anne Tyler (A Spool of Blue Thread) that I read in May of 2015. I actually gave that one three stars, so I must have liked it better than this one... or I'm just less generous in my ratings at the moment. I don't know.

There were some sweet sentiments, but mostly it just seemed to be a sad reflection on family life.

There may have been some mild swearing. I don't remember anything worse than that. There is an implied sexual relationship with a teenager, but not described. One extra-marital affair (also not described). 

No comments:

Post a Comment