Saturday, November 28, 2015

Angel Falls (Kristin Hannah)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library.

I think the message the book was trying to send was really good… but the writing didn't really lend itself to making it a deep-felt message, at least for me.

Some parts were really dumb… anything involving the ex-husband, for example. This book just fell flat for me.

P.S. Writing this a few days later… I just realized this is the author of Nightingale. Wow. This one was published in 2001. Nightingale was published this year. Her writing has improved A LOT. Realizing this makes me want to try some of her other books. Maybe this one was just a fluke.

I thought it was going to be a clean, somewhat religious story. I was very surprised when anything involving the ex-husband would bring in profanity and gross situations. It just felt dumb… not edgy, not realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment