Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Forgotten Garden (Kate Morton)

Why I have this book: I bought it for our book club this month.

Wow. So engrossing and intense! My friend and I listened to the first part on the audio version (my first time doing that) on a long drive. I found it more difficult to follow, but then, the book itself was a little confusing in the beginning. Lots of jumping back and forth from 1907 to 2005 in this book. It also took longer to get through on the audio version (as opposed to reading it), but it was fun to listen to the narrator's accent. :) Since I had my Kindle with me, I was able to go back and read things that confused me. I definitely do better with reading it myself instead of listening to an audio version. I think my mind wanders when I'm just listening...

Once I was able to get my bearings with what was going on in each time period, I really got sucked in. The last 20% of the book was intense, as I watched things come together and answers to all the questions were revealed. It was emotional! Well worth the read!)

Pretty clean. I think there were a few mild swear words, and there are some weird/creepy things that happen, but no graphic descriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment