Why I have this book: A friend recommended it, so I borrowed it from the ebook library.
The premise is that a grandmother is being interviewed by her granddaughter, and each chapter is her reminiscing about a time in her life. You only hear the grandmother's voice, so it reads like a memoir even though it is fiction.
It took me about a third of the way to get totally engrossed, but I enjoyed it a lot once I got settled in. It's always interesting to read about that generation (the greatest generation), although this book didn't really go deeply into the world events that they faced. Still, I think when someone does spend time thinking back over their life, it's not the big events they think of… it's more how every day life played out, even when those big events are going on around them.
There was a handful and a half of swearing, and some implied non-descriptive sex.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment