I just don't know where to "label" JoJo Moyes. This book, like the other one, are so emotionally charged that I just get sucked in. Me Before You was a story that was more important than the swearing (even the F-bombs). This one... I'm not sure about.
There was more sex, although none of it was descriptive at all. There was one crude comment made by the protagonist... just something that made me cringe even though she meant it in a playful way.
There is a situation involving the teenager that was difficult to read and just yucky all around.
I still can't get past the bathtub scene. (It's not sexual. It involves a paramedic washing someone else's blood off of him, but he's sitting in the tub, turning the water pink, not taking a shower with antiseptic soap or anything. I just can't deal with that.)
Anyway, I have another of her books on hold. I haven't decided yet if I should borrow it. I love the way she writes and her stories and the depth of them. I love the human emotions. I HATE the F-word. I wish she would just write the story without the bad words. Is the F-word bad in Britain? It seems to be used liberally, but I say that while also admitting that I've never been there. It's just my impression.
(Content review contained in the review above. Haha...)
No comments:
Post a Comment