Friday, April 3, 2015

Pollyanna (Eleanor H. Porter)

Why I have this book: I downloaded it a long time ago to my Kindle. Pretty sure it was a free "classics" download.

I really enjoyed reading Pollyanna. For a classic, it's really easy to read, which is nice. You can feel smart without being in brainiac mode. :)

I kept picturing the movie in my mind while I read… I had only seen the Walt Disney/Hayley Mills version, and I planned to show it to my kids this weekend. We only have it on VHS, so I checked to see how much the DVD was, and that led me to a newer version… 2004 Masterpiece Theater. I bought that one instead due to the reviews. We'll see which one I like better!

I also discovered that the author wrote a sequel called, "Pollyanna Grows Up." That's on my reading list now.

Clean.

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo did you watch the movie? Did you like? I might have to borrow it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our plans changed and I still haven't watched it! You are welcome to borrow it anytime!

    ReplyDelete