Why I have this book: I heard about it somewhere and had added it to my Wish List… then a friend mentioned she had read it and really liked it, so I took the jump and bought it. :)
I really liked this memoir, which is some ways reminded me of The Glass Castle, only maybe not quite as traumatic. And once the childhood trauma was over, the rest of the book was about the author's struggle with food and weight.
The author is a popular blogger, from what I gather. And if I'm remembering correctly, she has authored a food blog and maybe also a weight loss blog? I'm not sure on what the blog (or blogs) have been about, exactly. And I obviously haven't taken the time to go see…
In any case, I enjoyed her story a lot. It was an interesting glimpse into the mind games we play as we go through life and it's challenges. I also enjoyed her writing style… it was easy to get into.
There was a handful of swear words, including the F-word once or twice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment