Why I have this book: It was on one of those discount book services (which I swore off before and somehow have subscribed to again) and it sounded interesting. It is about North Korea, so that was a draw for me, too.
So. It was interesting in the sense that I think it was written to draw attention to how Christians are treated in North Korea. Horrendous, really. It was eye-opening, but the problem for me was that I just didn't get sucked into the story. So while I think the message is important, I also think it could have been more powerful. Plus, I'm not really sure what happened at the end, and I didn't like the book enough to read the companion (or sequel?) book.
Kind of clean, although a lot of things that happened are disturbing. Nothing is graphic, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment