Friday, March 20, 2015

Running with Angels (Pamela H. Hansen)

Why I have this book: I started out with the paperback edition years and years ago, and have ended up with a Kindle edition. I reread this book every few years.

I appreciate the story of Pam's weight loss/marathon training/dealing with trials and loss. The more I experience life, the more I appreciate it. I'm sure it was very therapeutic for her to write all her emotions down (and I think it's more about emotions than weight loss), and it offers a glimpse into what this saying means: "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I love that there isn't some grand moment when Pam "saw the light." It was more how she just kept taking steps in a positive direction and learns to take care of herself in the midst of taking care of others.

Clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment