Why I have this book: I put this whole series on hold on the ebook library after reading another series by the author a couple of weeks ago.
I loved this book. To be honest, I almost stopped reading it a little bit in... it just wasn't grabbing my interest. But I kept going for a while longer, and then I was committed. I really, really liked the three main characters and their interactions. It put a smile on my face... unless, of course, it was a more intense/sad part of the book. :)
So happy that as I checked my email after finishing this book, I saw the notification that the 2nd book in the series is now available to borrow. Perfect timing.
I appreciated the details in this book, and I also enjoyed the author's note at the end.
One sentence made me chuckle. If I wasn't loving the book so much, I'd probably get annoyed by what seems to me to be an editing issue, but instead it just made me laugh: "The statement caught her off guard. She frowned, smiling. "Why?"
Is it possible to frown and smile at the same time? Lol. I actually tried, but I couldn't make it work. Haha... I still chuckle a bit every time I read that sentence...
This Christian historical fiction/romance is clean, though there are emotional and difficult subjects involved in the story.
ETA: If I'm remembering correctly, there is the use of the "n" word more than once, as racism is also part of the storyline. I'm writing this 11 days later, so I'm hoping I've got the right book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment