Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Change or Die (Alan Deutschman)

Why I have this book: A friend recommended it after someone else recommended it to her. I looked on Amazon, and it was around $10, which I thought was too much. Then I looked the next day and it was under $5, so I bought it. I just looked again and it's back up to $10! So… lucky me.

I actually found this book interesting to read. The case studies - even those about IBM and General Motors - were engaging. I thought I might get bored with it, but I really didn't. However, I finished the book without a real clear understanding of his "three keys to change." I could remember the first one: Relate. I agreed with the purpose there… find someone to inspire you, someone you relate to...

The second one: Repeat. Yep, got it. Make it a habit.

The third one is "Reframe." I'm still not sure on that one. I think it means to change how you see things or change how you think of things? Obviously I missed the point on that one.

Then the last few paragraphs of the book took this new, upbeat vibe after being somewhat textbook'ish throughout. I just didn't feel it, because it felt like a bit of a contrast to the rest of the book.

So, all-in-all, it was an interesting read that made some sense to me. I'll think about it, I'm sure.

I'm glad I got it for under $5, though.

There was a bit of swearing in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment