Monday, May 13, 2013

Three books about image overhaul. LOL

Stop Dieting and Start Losing Weight (Jen Brewer, RD)
Finished Being Fat: An Accidental Adventure in Losing Weight and Learning How to Finish (Betsy Schow)
Staging Your Comeback (Christopher Hopkins)

Why I have these books: The first two I saw at the local bookstore, and after flipping through them, I decided they looked interesting enough to check to see if they have ebook editions. They did (for less money), so I bought them. I am a sucker for success stories on weight loss.

The Staging Your Comeback one... well, I was looking at YouTube videos of haircut before and afters while waiting for a hair appointment. (Doesn't everyone do that???) Anyway, the author of this book does these whole makeover days at his salon... hair, make-up, dress... all sort-of geared toward ladies over 40. A lot of the women in the videos had read his book, and since I'm feeling frumpy lately, I thought it might be helpful.

I liked all three books. The one by Betsy Schow made me laugh aloud several times. Very entertaining! The other two were both informative and helpful. All three are keepers.

Clean. The Staging Your Comeback one might have had a swear word or two, but maybe not. I don't remember, and to be honest, I skimmed through a lot of it and only read the parts I was interested in.


No comments:

Post a Comment