Monday, May 6, 2013

Four Books by Rachel Ann Nunes

The Ariana Trilogy
     Ariana: The Making of a Queen
     Ariana: A Gift Most Precious
     Ariana: A New Beginning

A Glimpse of Eternity

Why I have these books: I bought the trilogy on Kindle a while ago. All three books in one publication for just over $10.00. I had never read them, but saw them all the time back when they were first published (starting in the mid-1990's), so I kinda wanted to see what they were about. The fourth one I listed is a sequel of sorts to the Ariana books. The author also has several other books that tie-in to the series.

So... I did like the Ariana books. I thought it was interesting to tackle the subject of AIDS, and in my opinion, the author did a good job of lessening the stigma associated with the virus. In general, I'm glad I read them. Kinda nice to have a setting outside of Utah and have less of the typical LDS culture.

The fourth book was okay. Some of it was a little too Saturday's Warriors for me. I wouldn't read it again.

Clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment