Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Light Between Oceans (M.L. Stedman)

Why I have this book: It's our book club book this month. I bought it for my Kindle.

I liked this book very much. (It is always so nice to read books that are not just "fluff" books. Hence my previous post with my decision to dispense of books that are just "good" and stick to books that are "better" and "best.") This book was deep and emotional and engrossing. I was able to get to know each character in depth, even many of the peripheral characters. Very well-written.

I highly recommend this book.

There is a handful of swearing, including one use of the "F-word" and some taking of the Lord's name as an exclamation of emotion. There is a suggestive, but not graphic, moment described with a married couple. (Really, just one sentence.)

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book, but I'm just not sure if it's clean enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Well, if you do read it, don't tell your book club. :)

    ReplyDelete