Sunday, February 3, 2013

Band of Sisters: Coming Home (Annette Lyon)

Why I have this book: I saw it and I bought it. Haha. It is a sequel to Band of Sisters (which I reviewed earlier. Click on "B" on the right and you can find my review there.)

I remember that I said in my review of Band of Sisters that I probably wouldn't read it again, because it was sad. Apparently, I lied. I had to read it again so I could remember each character and their story prior to reading this sequel.

I enjoyed the first one just as much the second time and it wasn't as sad because I knew what was coming. I mean, the story definitely had some sad parts, but I was braced for them...

Anyway, I liked this book, as well. The ending seemed a little too sweet in moments, but overall, another good read. The writing is such that you can really understand the characters' emotions and personalities.

*I need to get a job as an editor. I don't know if the printed books have the same editing issues, but both of the these books on Kindle have a couple of mistakes that need to be cleaned up.*

All in all, a great set of books. I do recommend both of them, and you for sure want to read them in order.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment