Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Bride's House (Sandra Dallas)

Why I have this book: Because I'm a Sandra Dallas fan and Amazon recommended it to me. :)

I liked this book enough to have to make myself put it down every chapter to do some housework, so that has to mean something, right? Actually, when I finished it, I wasn't as in love with it as I could have been. It was good, but it just lacked... something... for me. I think I was bothered by some of the storyline... maybe I just never could connect to the characters with much depth. Actually, the character I got the most connected to died so quickly that maybe I didn't invest much more as the book went on. Ha.

Anyway, not my favorite Sandra Dallas book, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from checking it out of the library. My copy will be going to my grandma or the library.

This book had a few swear words, and several characters engaged in non-married sex... it was mostly implied, but there was a little bit of "roaming hands" type stuff. Also, some attempted incestuous sexual assault.

No comments:

Post a Comment