A Place of Peace
Why I have this book: I noticed there was a third book to this series, so I decided I might as well read it. I downloaded it to my Kindle.
There were still eyebrows careening to the hairline and people running their fingers through the condensation on their glasses. And I've never seen so many people sipping and gulping their water like the Amish in these three books. I had to laugh when the review from Publishers Weekly (on Am*zon) said this: Clipston's narrative drags repetitively around the lovers--how many times can Timothy raise his eyebrows in surprise and eat Miriam's crumbly peach pie? Haha... guess I'm not the only one who noticed how often she she repeats certain things.
They're good escape books, though... mindless reading and entertaining enough. Reading about how the Amish live makes me want to clean my house out and get rid of lots of my stuff... live more simply, you know?
Clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment