Thursday, December 30, 2010

Kauffman Amish Bakery Series: Books 1 and 2 (Amy Clipston)

A Gift of Grace
A Promise of Hope


Why I have these books: I really don't. They are on my Kindle. I think my mom downloaded the first one, and then I ordered the second one.

Okay. I did like these books. Obviously... or I wouldn't have downloaded the second one. The stories were good and kept my interest. The writing wasn't the best. I don't mean to be critical, but there were so many phrases the author used over and over again. I can't tell you how many times " his eyebrows careened up towards his hairline" or how many times someone "ran her fingers through the condensation on the outside of her glass" or how many times "she cleared her throat so she wouldn't cry". I don't know. The repetition was distracting. I'm surprised the editor or friends who read through the transcript didn't mention it.

Anyway, they were enjoyable and I'd read more of her work. If I actually owned the books, I'd send them on to my grandma. She'd like them, too.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment