Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Lantern in Her Hand (Bess Streeter Aldrich)

Why I have this book: I don't remember why I bought it. It was one of my 2001 purchases... and someone must have recommended it to me.

I love this book. This is the third time I've read it. I'm all about historical fiction, but that's not it. I think this book has always made me think about my grandma, and it offered me a glimpse into her heart and mind. Not just my grandma, but any elderly person. Sometimes it's easy to forget that each person has lived a LIFE and has had hopes and dreams and has felt the way we all feel when we are young. As mothers, we often move into the background as our children grow... and our lives become more about them. This book touches my soul and it is a definite keeper for me.

Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment