Why I have this book: Being of a similar age to Brooke Shields (although having lived a VERY different life), I thought it sounded interesting. I bought the Kindle version when it was on sale, but was also able to borrow the audio version from the ebook library.
I actually enjoyed this book quite a bit. I couldn't relate to anything that had to do with her celebrity lifestyle or her business career, but I did relate to her thoughts on motherhood, menopause, marriage, patriarchy, etc. She seems pretty relatable, and she didn't come across as being prideful or entitled. I gave it four stars on Goodreads.
I thought she did a good job narrating the audiobook, as well.
She does use the F-word on occasion, and as part of mothering and marriage and menopause, she does discuss sex a bit. Nothing descriptive, obviously, but just as a reality in womanhood. She also describes a medical procedure she had on her nether-regions.
No comments:
Post a Comment