Saturday, September 6, 2025

Just for the Summer (Abby Jiminez)

Why I have this book: It's the third book in the series I mentioned a couple posts back. I borrowed this one from KU.

I admit it was a stretch to give this one three stars. I'd probably go with 2.5 if I had that option. I don't know... the relationship didn't feel believable. Maybe it was brilliant writing wherein the author purposely kept a little wall up for the readers because the female protagonist didn't allow herself to love people. Maybe.

Clever little tie-ins to the previous books, including a couple of "WHOA!" moments as previous characters showed up and my (slow?) brain realized who they were. I do have to applaud the author for that.

Otherwise, I'm still going to say the editors could have stepped it up a bit with the over-repeated phrases and the punctuation issues with run-on sentences and comma splices. C'mon, people!

Like the other two books in this series, there were some sexual scenes that were moderately descriptive and some profanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment