Friday, January 24, 2025

Midwives (Chris Bohjalian)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library.

I actually read this book years ago when it was still fairly newly published. I remember loving it then, so I decided to read it a again. 

I gave it four stars on this second reading. (I didn't have Goodreads or this blog the first time I read it.) I'm very impressed that the author is a man, but wrote the book in the voice of an adult woman remembering events from her teenage years. He did a great job making it a believable voice! He also writes in such a way that you can picture everything happening. I plan to read more of his books.

This is another book I finished a while ago, so I will date this for that finish date and excuse anything I get wrong in the following "content" summary.

There may have been some swearing, but I don't recall anything too strong. Some mentions of teenage sexuality, but not descriptive. The story deals with death.

No comments:

Post a Comment