Monday, February 24, 2025

Six "books" in the Memories on the Lake series by Sage Parker

Why I have these books: They were super cheap... the whole series was around $10 total, so I bought them. They sounded interesting, so...

First off, each book was more like a novella. I'm not sure why they were marketed this way, but they averaged about 77-80 pages each? When all was said and done, it would have been a book  of about 470 pages had it all been in one novel.

I enjoyed the first few, although I thought it was strange how quickly the protagonist and her children seemed to get over her husband's death. Maybe the writing just wasn't deep enough to portray the loss appropriately, but it was literally just a few weeks before she seemed to be over it.

I gave the first four books three stars each, then gave last two books only two stars each. If it had been one book, I'd probably have given it two starts overall.

It feels like cheating to get six books counted for my yearly reading goal on Goodreads, but that's the way they come up, so I guess I just read six books instead of one (as it should have been). Also... why does Goodreads put things in the wrong order if you enter more than one book on the same day? To look at my "Read" shelf, it appears as though I read them out of order. I can assure you that I did not. 

That's about it.

Fairly clean. There may have been some swearing. I'm once again writing this several weeks late, so I don't really remember. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment