Tuesday, January 7, 2025

The Lonely Hearts Book Club (Lucy Gilmore)

Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library because it looked and sounded good.

It was three stars good. It actually was four stars good until toward the end. The story is told from the perspectives of a handful of book club members, and it was all good until the voice of the older, cantankerous man. In my opinion, the author didn't capture his voice. It didn't sound like him as he had been described the whole time. 

The ending fell flat for me. The "engagement" part didn't really fly. The backstory of the two professors didn't make much sense depending on what year that was supposed to have happened. Maybe they aren't as old as I was imagining? I don't know.

The premise was cute, but it just didn't completely come together for me.

I think there was some profanity. I don't recall anything sexual.

No comments:

Post a Comment