Why I have this book: A friend recommended it, so I bought the Kindle version when I had some Amazon credit. I also borrowed the audio version when I was ready to read it. It was nice to go back and forth depending on what I was doing.
I liked this book and gave it three stars on Goodreads. I would have liked it more (and maybe given four stars) except there was a gross scene near the end involving the old boyfriend. I also felt like the ending didn't tie things up super well. (Did she ever get what she was owed? What happened with all that?) And I didn't like how things ended in general. I might have even dropped it to two stars except I liked the rest of the book.
The gross scene toward the end with the old boyfriend was surprising compared to the content of the rest of the book. There is unmarried sex (nothing descriptive besides the precious mentioned scene, which wasn't really that descriptive, but still gross). There was swearing, but not as much as in other books. Still, the F-word was there, I think. It's hard to remember the details when profanity has become so "acceptable" in most books these days. In all honesty, I'm kind of getting tired of being the profanity police. I might change up how I add these content sections. I'll have to think on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment