Why I have this book: I bought the print edition years ago after seeing the author on Oprah Winfrey, then listened to the audio version recently.
I saw some people online say that they didn't like the audio version because they didn't like the author's voice, but I actually liked it. He had an accent... maybe New York? I thought he did a good job.
I gave this book four stars on Goodreads. It's possible the information is a little outdated, but I'm not sure. It's an older book (although this is a 20th Anniversary edition), and the more current "experts" don't seem to use the same philosophies in some ways. Still, maybe his method is helpful for some sufferers of OCD if the current methods don't help. They do seem to have the same foundation, which actually probably started with Dr. Schwartz and his team.
I can't think of anything inappropriate in this book. There may have been swearing if he was quoting someone else, but if there was, it was mild and rare.
No comments:
Post a Comment