Why I have this book: I borrowed it from the ebook library as part of my plan to make my brain work again after C*vid... which involves reading light and easy books to start with.
I gave this book two stars on Goodreads only because it was slightly better than the one I just read (and reviewed) previously.
Oh, my gosh. Sooooooo cheesy. So ridiculous that two grown adults fall "in love" in two weeks. Teenagers do this all the time. Adults should be smarter than that. It's called hormones. Infatuation. Whatever. It's not true love.
And it was just shallow and predictable. Whoa! Big surprise about the... well, no spoilers, I guess. But yes, she has a secret. And no, it's not shocking. Pretty sure this story has been told before.
Anyway, I'm thinking Nicholas Sparks should have stopped writing while he was ahead. This one is nothing special.
(I must be cranky today. I'm not usually so rude, am I?)
Mostly clean. There's an "almost" sex scene, but it doesn't get too detailed. I don't recall any swearing, but there may have been a mild word or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment